How you buy real estate is changing. Forever.
This blog is about the two key exponential technologies converging to eliminate the middle-man (i.e. the real estate broker) and the headache of shopping for a home.
If you’ve ever shopped for a new house or an apartment, you know the nightmare: dealing with salesy real estate agents, desperately searching to find the right places for the right prices, just missing open house hours, competing with the aggressive couple that got there 10 minutes before you, wasted Sunday afternoons…
Let me give you a glimpse of the future.
The Future Real Estate Shopping Experience
Here’s one future of real-estate shopping…
- No more real estate agents.
- 98% of your searching is done from the comfort of your living room, in virtual reality, wearing next-generation virtual headgear.
- You can tour any house 24/7, at 3 a.m. if you desire… And if you’re the seller, your audience includes buyers from around the world.
- Should you choose, a virtual agent can show you around and tell you about the house, its history and features.
- As you search for homes, a machine learning algorithm (with your permission) will be tracking your movements, learning your likes and dislikes, and intelligently recommending other homes to visit.
- Wondering what the living room you’re viewing might look like with a fresh coat of white paint and a brown carpet? No problem, the VR program can modify the image and show you instantly.
- Wondering what your own furniture might look like in this new dream house? Presto! AI will take all of your existing furniture, electronics, clothes and decorations and virtually compile them in the new space for you to see.
- You will be able to test different types of landscaping, add a pool to the backyard, or remodel rooms, virtually, in real time.
In essence, these VR real estate platforms will allow you to explore any home for sale, do the remodel, and determine if it truly is the house of your dreams. You can even get an estimated bid and delivery time from a contractor to implement your vision.